After successful events in Leuven (2009), Brno (2011) and Stuttgart (2014), WTA Nederland-Vlaanderen and Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment will organise the 4th WTA International PhD symposium from 14-16 September 2017 in Delft, the Netherlands.
The aim of the symposium is to unite PhD candidates, post-docs and other junior researchers conducting research in the field of building conservation. It will provide a forum for PhD candidates to present their research, discuss ongoing PhD studies to support future work and give PhD candidates the opportunity to establish contacts within the international scientific community. The symposium will cover, but is not limited to the following research areas:
- Heritage: durability and sustainability
- Conservation principles, rehabilitation and conservation
- Impact of climate change on cultural heritage
- Building materials and building technologies for preservation
- Analysis and assessment of masonry structures
- Timber construction and historic wooden buildings
- Smart monitoring and non-destructive / minimal invasive testing
- Simulation and modeling methods
- Energy efficiency of historic buildings
Registration for the symposium: click here!